I hope this helps with any questions regarding how round one of the draft will work…
- Your team is randomly placed into a subdivision with five other teams. Each gymnast can only appear once in each subdivision. With eight athletes per team and six teams per subdivision, it means 48 athletes must be used.
- Since Wieber, Komova, Douglas, Mustafina, Iordache, and Raisman are the six most popular gymnasts being submitted for teams, each team will only be allowed ONE of these six. With these gymnasts and if other gymnasts appear on multiple teams in your subdivision, we use a random.org generator to decide who gets that athlete. Your chances of getting a specific athlete depend upon how high she is on your priority list, and how many other teams have that athlete.
- EXAMPLES: (1) If only one team chooses Alexandra Raisman, that team will automatically get her. (2) If Gabrielle Douglas is #1 on your list and two other lists, the assignment will be randomly generated. If you do not receive your first choice, we will go down the list to your second choice, and so on.
- Not everyone will get first or second choice athletes but we are doing our best to make sure everyone gets a fair shot!
- Following round one of the draft, your team will probably have between 2-4 gymnasts. Some teams - teams who submitted less popular athletes - may have 5-6 gymnasts to start. That’s when round two begins, with a new list of athletes available for the second part of the draft.
- EXAMPLE: If your list includes the six most popular gymnasts, plus athletes like Huang Qiushuang and Kyla Ross, you’ll likely finish round one with only 2-3 gymnasts. If your list includes eight less popular gymnasts like Seitz, Paseka, He, Van Gerner, Tunney, Mitchell, Tweddle and Jarosch, the likelihood of getting more gymnasts in round one will be much higher.
- We will email you by Saturday at 9 am EST with a list of the gymnasts accepted from your original submission as well as a list of the gymnasts available to choose from for round two.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!